Updated Wednesday March 23, 2016 by Jay Coalson.
- Introduce kids to the awesome sport of lacrosse and have so much fun doing it that no one wants to leave J
- Create an environment that is safe, fun, active and respectful for players and coaches to enjoy lacrosse
- Have so much fun learning and playing lacrosse, kids want to make this THE sport they do EVERY Spring!
- Help families discover the most fun you can have running with a stick and not get yelled at for it
- And last, but not least – introduce the incredible lacrosse community we are SO LUCKY to have right in our own backyard
OK, so how does this WildCubs thing work?? I’m SOOOOOO GLAD you asked !!!
- WildCubs is a co-ed grades 1 & 2 program that runs for SIX Saturdays (April 9 – May 14, 2016)
- We practice/play at Rock Creek Elementary School, on the South field (behind the school, next to play area) (See below)
- Each session runs for about an hour plus from 10:am to about 11:15am and at our first session we’ll see how well that fits for y’all
- Please arrive ~10-15mins before start time for sign-ins, grab some water, and get ready for some fun
- We’ll provide sticks, balls, goals, and coaching (if you child has their own stick, AWESOME, please bring it – pretty please!!)
- Please bring plenty of water for your Cub and Portland spring weather appropriate clothing and shoes (if you have cleats, cool, but not required) J
- Several of our Westview HS Lacrosse Boys & Girls may also be joining us to help with skills and having fun – which is always a bonus !!
- This clinic is US Lacrosse insured and was part of your registration fees
What will Players do during each clinic?
- We’ll do dynamic warm-ups
- We’ll introduce them to the fundamentals of lacrosse and do skills building drills
- We’ll do mini-scrimmages so players can put their newly learned skills to work
- We’ll do some fun stuff where the kids get to run, laugh, and enjoy being part of the Westview WildCubs
- We’ll do a Picture Day for the WildCubs and unlike all the other “Team Pictures” you might have – these are custom made for each player, and cool !
We have the grass field at Rock Creek Elementary School (South field, behind the school, behind the play structure) – great parking, covered area we could play in if it’s too rainy, same place as last season. Street address is 4125 NW 185th Ave Portland, OR 97229, directly across the street from Westview High School.